The plan for this course was to create an interactive map to include major films released in the Arab world. I picked a total of eleven films from the Levant, North Africa and Maghreb. For each film, I included the following:
- A brief summary of the film
- The main characters and information about the film (budget, box offices, release dates, running time, languages, countries involved in the production)
- Trailer (I embedded the official trailer for each film)
- Questions in Arabic & English (these can be used as homework assignment or to start a discussion among students)
- Suggested readings (links for articles and study guides related to the film)
Here are the links for the 11 films I have created:
- A summer in La Goulette
- Al Masir
- For my Father
- Hassan & Marcus
- Lemon Tree
- The Nightingale’s Prayer
- The Yacoubian Building
- Where Do We Go Now?
Once the content was created, I worked with the GIS office to set up an interactive map with links. Here’s the link to the interactive map.